Dear Steel Industry Employer
ITAC has requested steel companies (click here to view ITAC’s request) to participate in a survey to determine the impact of the steel shortages on steel businesses. In summary, they request a response regarding the following three issues:
- information on specific products affected by the backlog from AMSA;
- the quantity of the backlog in kg/tons; and
- the impact it has on the company’s operations.
The following is an example of a NEASA member’s survey response:
- first question: Hot-rolled coil and galvanised coil.
- second question: We wanted to place an 850-ton order, but were only allocated 320 tons. 80 tons, that were scheduled for delivery in September 2020, are still outstanding. In February 2021 we wanted to order 540 tons and were only allocated 110 tons for delivery in May 2021.
- third question: Production-tons for November, December 2020 and January 2021 were down 34% and 22 employees of the temporary labour-force had to be terminated.
Survey comments are to be submitted on or before 18 February 2021.
Click here to participate in the survey.