You are here: Buzz
There is huge international investor focus on African energy projects and the role of IPPs due to the power shortages and load shedding in the various regions and the increasing demand for energy amongst the growing economies. Opportunities for projects using renewable, mini-grid and storage technologies are expanding. South Africa’s Department of Mineral Resources and Energy Renewable Energy Power Producer’s Procurement Programme (REIPPPP) launched an IPP development boom in the region; now there is investment across the continent in various technologies and project development opportunities.
The 7th Independent Power Producers and Power Purchase Agreements Conference (IPP & PPA Conference) will once again take place alongside the Africa Energy Indaba Virtual conference as an official side event on 4 - 5 March 2021.
The IPP & PPA Forum will address key themes including:
• The market’s response to government relating to the REIPPPP
• Hybrid Energy Solutions – a new approach to solving Africa’s energy needs?
• Innovative tariff systems to deliver sustainable pricing and revenue
• Funding resources available to finance Independent Power Producers
• Developing new energy models for IPPs that can support the growth of industry