- Awards recognize the industry's top trend-setting vehicles and the accessories that make them cool
SEMA Show exhibitors have cast their votes and selected the finalists for the SEMA Award, an honor presented to automakers to recognize the most accessory friendly vehicles in five categories, including car, truck, 4x4/SUV, sport compact and – for the first time ever – powersports vehicle. The awards will be announced and presented Monday, Oct. 29, at the SEMA Vehicle Reveal, in Las Vegas, Nev.
The top three finalists in each category are:
- SEMA Car of the Year: Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang
- SEMA Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150, RAM
- SEMA 4x4/SUV of the Year: Chevrolet Tahoe, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner
- SEMA Sport Compact of the Year: Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla Hatch, Hyundai Veloster
- SEMA Powersports Vehicle of the Year: Polaris RZR Turbo S, ROXOR by Mahindra, ROXOR Off-Roader, SHERP
Through the SEMA Awards, SEMA exhibitors that make the products and accessories for today's popular models identify the vehicle platforms they believe are best for accessorizing.
The program creates awareness for aftermarket products and is an example of the ongoing collaboration SEMA has with automakers and aftermarket manufacturers to bring quality products to market. SEMA also helps aftermarket manufacturers with product development through the SEMA Garage, measuring sessions and technology transfer.
For additional information about the SEMA Award program, visit www.sema.org/semaaward.