Dear NAACAM and DAC Members,
We are pleased to advise you that plans for the NAACAM Show 2019, delivered in partnership with the Durban Automotive Cluster are well underway. The initiative takes place 12 – 14 March 2019 at the Durban ICC. It aims at being the premier automotive manufacturing growth, technology, transformation and stakeholder engagement forum in Africa.
Our industry is at an important juncture with the SA Automotive Masterplan defining a clear vision for its future. We believe the NAACAM Show can play a pivotal role in galvanising the industry around this common ambition and will focus on understanding how we can realise its vision and the hurdles that need to be overcome to do so.
The overall objectives of the NAACAM Show 2019 are to deliver a premier event which:
- Facilitates localisation, intra-African trade/industrial linkages, and exports from sectors determined to be globally competitive;
- Enables Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and technology partnerships;
- Promotes the development and growth of Black-owned suppliers in South Africa; and
- Facilitates outcomes-based dialogue
For the 2019 initiative we have increased and extended our measurable objectives over the successful inaugural 2017 initiative. These include:
- Greater levels of OEM participation;
- An increased number of manufacturer exhibitors, greater representation by black owned suppliers and a larger exhibition overall;
- A growth in the number of participants from 1 300 to 1 600; and
- Hosting two African trade, two foreign investor and five technology transfer delegations.
We can report significant progress against these objectives:
- Response from NAAMSA and the OEM Purchasing Council has been very positive with four OEMs already booking exhibition stands, significant interest in the buyer-supplier meetings and contributions to the Conference Programme;
- Our exhibition is already 40% sold (six months out) with enquiries daily; we are working with black suppliers that ASCCI has identified to exhibit, and also with aligned supporting sectors to secure meaningful participation;
- We have broadened exhibition access by including complementary visitor passess for all exhibitors (between 2 and 5 complimentary exhibitor passes depending on the size of the stand booked);
- Inclusion of a Media and Demonstration Centre and a more compact Conference Programme will see a higher level of exhibition participation.
As valued members of NAACAM and/ or the DAC, we encourage you to take advantage of the following additional benefits:
- MDs/ CEOs from NAACAM/ DAC firms will receive a complimentary conference delegate pass when someone else from their company books a conference delegate pass; and
- A 10% discount on all exhibition stand types and conference delegate tickets.
We look forward to seeing you there.