Subscriptions open for the 2019 Abarth Rally Cup, the single-brand championship reserved for Abarth 124 Rally within the ERC
- The 2019 Abarth Rally Cup will consist of six races all valid for the European Rally Championship in the R-GT class.
- The 2019 Abarth Rally Cup will have a dedicated ranking within the ERC2 ranking.
- There will be a rich jackpot for the first four classified in each race plus an additional final award.
- Abarth will provide a spare parts service on site with technicians to support the teams for all 2019 Abarth Rally Cup races.
Subscriptions are open for the 2019 Abarth Rally Cup, the championship reserved for drivers who choose an Abarth 124 rally to compete in the prestigious 2019 European Rally Championship.
There will be a ranking dedicated to cars entered in the 2019 Abarth Rally Cup within the ERC2 ranking.
The trophy will be contended across six races:
- Rally Islas Canarias (Spain), 2-4 May, tarmac;
- Rally Liepaja (Latvia), 24-26 May, gravel;
- Rally Poland, 28-30 June, gravel;
- Rally di Roma Capitale (Italy), July 19-21, tarmac;
- Barum Czech Rally Zlín (Czech Republic), August 16-18, tarmac;
- Rally Hungary, 8-10 November, tarmac.
There will be a ranking dedicated to cars in the 2019 Abarth Rally Cup within the ERC2 ranking with a rich jackpot for the first four in each race, namely EUR 12,000 to the first, EUR 10,000 to the second, EUR 8,000 to third and EUR 4,000 plus four Pirelli racing tyres to the fourth.
The winner of the 2019 Abarth Rally Cup will receive a grand prize of EUR 30,000 at the end of the season.
The brand with the Scorpion badge will support the private teams on race days with a hospitality area and a spare parts service in the service park made available to participants. This will be paired with technical on-site support provided by engineers and technicians to assist 2019 Abarth Rally Cup crews.
Signing up for the Abarth Rally Cup costs EUR 3,000 (excluding VAT) for all six races and also includes a complete clothing set for races and leisure.
Crews can also sign up for single events at a cost of EUR 650 (excluding VAT) each.
All eyes will be on the Abarth 124 rally, the car that in its second racing season established itself as the dominator of the R-GT class, scoring more than 40 class victories in 12 national championships and winning the European R-GT championship and the FIA R-GT Cup.
Many aspects of the 2019 Abarth 124 Rally have been revised with the objective of bettering the time per kilometre on special stages. This goal was achieved by Abarth engineers by means of targeted operations on the main mechanical components, the engine electronics, the transmission-gearbox and the trim.
Complete rules of the Abarth Rally Cup and entry forms are available at the following link.