The NAAMSA Automotive Conference 2019, in association with the Innovation Group and AutoTrader, will be taking place alongside the Festival of Motoring presented by WesBank at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on 22 August 2019. The Conference is a high impact, half-day engagement session for all involved in the automotive and related industries.
The conference titled Reimagining The Future Together, covers two distinct themes – namely, Embracing Innovation as an Indispensable Catalyst for Prosperity and Sustainable Growth, as well as Automotive Trends, Technology and Consumer Behaviour.
The conference programme is structured to accommodate keynote presentations as well as panel discussions by high-level government representatives, industry experts and other key stakeholders in the automotive industry. Minister of Trade & Industry Ebrahim Patel will address delegates on whether the government is ready to act as a catalyst and enabler for change in this industry.
The agenda will cover the Automotive Masterplan, how localisation and transformation can create joint prosperity and unlock growth, the Government as an enabler and catalyst for change, as well addressing the winds of technological change driving the industry forward and how consumer behaviour has been affected in this connected world. There will also be a high-level industry panel discussion addressing the South African automotive industry and its readiness to lead the innovation charge.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to stay ahead of the latest industry developments, gain a competitive edge for your business and learn how to mitigate the challenges facing the industry.
2019 Conference Programme
- 08:20 to 08:40 - Welcome, opening, setting the scene and sponsor address
- 08:40 to 08:50 - Technology Innovation Agency
- 08:50 to 09:00 - NAAMSA Welcome
THEME ONE: Embracing innovation as an indispensable catalyst for prosperity and sustainable growth.
- 09:00 to 09:30 - Is the Automotive Masterplan robust enough to insulate future changes?
- 09:35 to 10:05 - How will localisation and transformation create joint prosperity and unlock growth?
- 10:10 to 10:40 - Is Government ready as a catalyst and an enabler for change?
THEME TWO: Automotive trends, technology and consumer behaviour
- 11:05 to 11:35 - INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Autonomous, Connected, Electric & Sharing
- 11:40 to 12:30 - PANEL DISCUSSION: Is the South African Automotive Industry ready to lead the innovation charge?
- 12:40 to 13:05 - The consumer of tomorrow, impact of buying behaviour and the role of dealerships
- 13:10 to 13:30 - Industry Roadmap
- 13:30 - Conference Ends
*Program subject to change, the organiser reserves the right to change the program*
Your delegate pass includes:
- Access to the Festival of Motoring event that will be taking place on the day
- Welcome snacks and refreshments on arrival
- Dedicated parking
- Light lunch and refreshments
Alternatively, you can book your delegate pass online HERE