The President, last night, raised the Covid-19 Alert Level to adjusted Level 4.
The President has indicated that the following amended regulations remain applicable, for the next fourteen (14) days:-
- all indoor and outdoor gatherings, including religious, political, cultural and social gatherings are prohibited;
- travel in or out of Gauteng is not permitted for leisure purposes;
- funerals may only be attended by a maximum of 50 people and night vigils are not permitted;
- public recreational spaces such as parks, dams and beaches will remain open, subject to the rules of mask-wearing and social distancing;
- business premises must determine the maximum number of employees permitted on the premises to accommodate a 1.5-meter distance between employees;
- curfew has been increased to between 21:00 and 04:00;
- the sale of alcohol, both on- and off-site, is prohibited;
- non-essential businesses, including restaurants, shops and gyms must close by 20:00;
- restaurants may only sell takeaways and no sit-down service is permitted;
- all schools and tertiary institutions to be closed for contact classes by 30 June 2021; and
- every person is compelled to wear a mask in a public space. It is a criminal offence, punishable by a fine or imprisonment, not to do so.
We will keep members abreast of further developments.