The President, last night, reduced the Covid-19 Alert Level to an adjusted Alert Level 3.
The President has indicated that the following amended regulations remain applicable:
- gatherings are permitted, subject to a maximum of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors or 50% of capacity for smaller venues;
- all interprovincial borders have been opened;
- funerals may only be attended by a maximum of 50 people and night vigils are not permitted;
- public recreational spaces such as parks, dams and beaches will remain open, subject to the rules of mask-wearing and social distancing;
- business premises must determine the maximum number of employees permitted on the premises to accommodate a 1.5-meter distance between employees;
- curfew has been amended to between 22:00 and 04:00;
- sale of alcohol on-site is permitted until 20:00 subject to licensing requirements;
- off-site sale of alcohol is permitted from 10:00 to 18:00, from Monday to Thursday;
- non-essential businesses including, restaurants and gyms, must close by 21:00;
- restaurants sit-down service is permitted to a maximum of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors or 50% capacity for smaller venues; and
- every person is compelled to wear a mask in a public space. It is a criminal offence, punishable by a fine or imprisonment, not to do so.