As we come to the end of the year, we would like to provide you with some important travel information.
For ease of travelling over this period, please ensure that your E- tag is topped up at all times and this can be done through various methods as noted below:
Manual Payments where funds will show immediately
- The SANRAL Mobile App can be used to check your balance, top up and manage your account profile,
- Calling our Call Centre on 0800 726 725,
- Online, through our e-toll website, and
- Visiting a Customer Service Centre.
Manual Payments where funds will be delayed
- Electronic Funds Transfer , (Funds will reflect within 2-5 working days),
- At participating retailers, Pick ’n Pay, and Checkers (Funds will reflect within 2-5 working days),
- At any FNB Branch and making over-the-counter payments, (Funds will reflect within 2-5 working days), and
- At any Advanced FNB ATM which has a note accepting facility. (Funds will reflect within 2-5 working days).
- You may link the topping up of your Account to your Credit Card or through Direct Debit.
- Once the low balance threshold is reached, the Account will be topped up automatically to a balance as determined by you either by your Credit Card or through Debit Order.
The below periods have been identified as the peak periods for travel.
On all routes exiting Gauteng:
- 13th – 16th, 20th -24th and 27th - 31st of December 2019.
On all routes returning to Gauteng:
- 1st - 7th of January 2020.
Please note the following 24/7 Emergency contact numbers for major Toll Routes:
- N3TC: 0800 634 357
- TRAC: 0800 872 264
- BAKWENA: 0800 225 936 2
- SANRAL Emergency Response: 0800 487 233
Incidents should be reported to:
- South African Police Services on 10111
- National Traffic Call Centre (NTCC) on 012 665 6075
- N3 route patrol customer care line on 0800 634 357
- TRACN4 24-hour Helpdesk and roadside assistance – 0800 872 264 / 082 881 4444
- Most conventional toll plazas accept e-tags as a payment method. If you have a SANRAL account registered that is in good standing with an e-tag fitted, you may use your e-tag as a method of payment at the toll plaza.
Shesha/ Tag Only Lanes are now available at most toll plaza.
- Most toll plazas have Shesha lanes, where only e-tags can be used as a payment method. These are automated lanes that speed up the traffic flow at toll plazas, eliminate waiting time at booths and provide you with seamless passage through the plazas. Look out for the “Tag only” or “Shesha Lane” signs.
Automated Electronic Payment Lanes
- Reduce speed when entering the toll plaza area.
- Select a lane which accepts an e-tag as a method of payment.
- Maintain a car length following distance to avoid payment for the vehicle in front of you.
- Your tag is detected and will emit one or more beeps depending on your account status.
- 1 x Beep: Payment Successful,
- 2 x Beeps: Low Balance Warning,
- 4 x Beeps: Account Suspended,
- No Beeps/Multiple Beeps: Contact Customer Services if it occurs at more than one plaza.
Tips for your journey
- Plan your journey in advance.
- Ensure that the funds in your account will be able to accommodate the costs of all toll plazas on your route.
- Booms will not open if the funds in your account are less than the amount due at the specific Toll Plaza.
- You can also opt in on the mobile App to enjoy the convenience of a cashless parking solution during your travel. The new parking feature which is an opt in service on the app enables users to park at 34 different KaChing operated parking lots without the need for a paper ticket or cash.
Through licence plate recognition technology, parking garage booms will automatically open for you using the SANRAL Mobility app, with payment being linked to your registered mobility user's account. The cashless parking service is an opt-in service, accessible through the services tab on the app.
- Should your tag not be read at the Toll Plaza which would require you to pay cash, the cash receipt produced at the plaza should be kept safe, should there be any disputes at a later stage.
- The cash receipt provided would be required to verify any claims.
Should you need any further assistance to help plan your journey, please contact Customer Services as indicated below:
Phone the Call Centre on 0800 726 725,
Festive Season Operational Hours:
- Weekdays: 6am – 10pm
- December 16th, 2019 - 06.00am – 17.00pm
- December 24th, 2019 - 06.00am – 17.00pm
- December 25th, 2019 - Closed
- December 26th, 2019 - Closed
- December 31st, 2019 - 06.00am – 17.00pm
- January 1st, 2020 - Closed
Visit a Customer Service Centre,
Festive Season Operational Hours (Satellite Centres):
- December 16th,2019 (08:00am – 17:00pm)
- December 24th,2019 (08:00am – 15:00pm)
- December 25th,2019 (Closed)
- December 26th,2019(Closed)
- December 31st,2019 (08:00am – 15:00pm)
- January 1st, 2020 (Closed) and
- Please note kiosks will be operating according to the Mall’s Trading Hours.
“Remember that a road is a shared space and that you should be respectful towards your fellow road users and keep road safety in mind”
Wishing you a happy festive season.