- Route 66 was the most instagrammed road trip, with a total of 1,708,620 tags
- England’s Snake Pass was the least instagrammed, with a lowly 12,343 tags
- The total number of hashtags for the list was 4,235,996 tags
- USA has the best road trips, with three of the top four situated in the States
- Surprisingly Norway made it onto the list twice with Trollstigen and the Atlantic Road
Road trips are an increasingly popular way of discovering and experiencing new countries, and how good your trip looks ‘on the gram’ is very important in an age where everything has to be captured.
This led Click4reg.co.uk to consider what is the ‘most instagrammed’ road trip in the world.
Table of Results
|Great Ocean Road||Australia||1,291,178|
|Pacific Coast Highway||USA||325,917|
|Valley of Fire||USA||219,333|
|North Coast 500||Scotland||88,315|
|Causeway Coastal Route||Northern Ireland||35,423|
|Route 62||South Africa||28,234|
This research was done by collecting 15 of the best-known roads and journeys around the world and then judging which is the most instagrammed by analysing the number of hashtags for each road trip with #name and #name + road trip.
Have you been on one of these trips?
USA’s famous Route 66 was found to be the most instagrammed road trip with 1,708,620 hashtags, and it was closely followed by the Great Ocean Road in Australia which had 1,292,178 hashtags.
The top two were the only road trips to have over a million tags,Whilst Pacific Coast Highway placed third in the list with325,917 tags.
Europe has been revealed as the continent with the most instagrammable road trips – it claims seven of the top 15 within the list.
England’s Snake Pass was the lowest tagged road trip with just 12,343 hashtags.