MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION (MMC) today launched facelifted and updated Mirage hatchback and sedan models, both global compact cars, in Thailand. Sales in other markets will follow sequentially. Both models will be on display at the Thailand International Motor Expo 2019 to be held on November 28.
The facelift gives these compacts sharper and more dynamic exterior as well as more elegant interior designs.
A total of around 140,000 units were sold in fiscal 2018. These vehicles are manufactured in the Laem Chabang Plant of MITSUBISHI MOTORS Thailand.
"The new city-smart Mirage is planned to be launched in SA in 2020 and we expect this fuel-efficient, compact vehicle to further enhance our commitment to a price sensitive, but fun seeking road user," says Nic Campbell, General Manager of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa.
1) Sharp, dynamic exterior
- Both hatchback and sedan adopt the new Dynamic Shield front design that denotes the Mitsubishi brand identity. The styling sweeps round from the sides toward the middle of the nose in a protective embrace. This and the square grille lines with its horizontal/vertical bar pattern, give the front end a more powerful and sharper look.
- The optimized lamp layout makes the front look wider and more stable. The styling of the multi-bulb LED combination lamps connects them visually with the grille and with the fog lamps located at the bumper corners.
- The rear is given a wider and more stable look with a squarish treatment for the bumper corners and with the L-signature horizontal LED combination lamps that stretch across the width of the car.
- The Mirage hatchback is offered in a new White Diamond body colour that has a brilliance and depth to it. The palette is given a new bright and fresh Sand Yellow.
- Both hatchback and sedan models are offered with new-design 15-inch alloy wheels. On the hatchback, the wheels use two-tone diamond-cut styling, while on the sedan they use an elegant silver finish.
2) More user-friendly, stylish interiors
- The front arm rests use a new design, and hand-touch areas are finished in soft-feel cloth.
- The meter panel and the power window switch panel use a sporty carbon pattern.
- Upper-trim levels are offered with a special seat design. For the hatchback, these are upholstered in a sporty-look fabric/synthetic leather combination. For the sedan, they use an elegant monotone design with synthetic leather. The addition of piping and stitching to the seat sides on both models gives an added touch of elegance.
- Newly adopted Smartphone Display Audio (SDA) system with 7-inch display improves legibility and clarity.
"The launch date, product line-up and specification levels will be confirmed early next year," Campbell concluded.