- Dacia announces the launch of the new 1.3 TCe petrol engine on Dusters
- Media Nav Evolution: a fluid experience and access to mobile applications
- An innovative design competition to choose the next Very Limited Sandero Stepway Series
- Record sales: Dacia enters in the top 5 of private car sales in Europe
Dacia, which had just launched the New Duster, is still surfing on the wave of its success by establishing new records of sales to private customers. In Paris, Dacia will be presenting engine innovations as well as a more powerful navigation system. The community is also being acknowledged with a competition allowing them to choose the next Very Limited Sandero Series.
New 1.3 TCe 130 GPF and 150 GPF engines on Duster
The new lighter aluminium engine block includes new innovations such as ‘Bore Spray Coating’. This coating technology, used on the inside of the cylinder, through improved management of the heat allows better performance and increased driving pleasure.
To reduce particle emissions, the new direct injection petrol engines now integrate a gasoline particulate filter (GPF).
This new generation of petrol engine offers increased driving pleasure from the Duster with:
- 130 hp (96 kW) at 5000 rpm and maximum torque of 240Nm at 1500 rpm i.e. +5 hp compared to the previous generation
- 150 hp (110kW) at 5250 rpm and maximum torque of 250 Nm at 1600 rpm i.e.+25 hp compared to the previous generation
After having renewed all its Diesel engines with Blue dCi on 4x2 and 4x4 versions, Dacia is launching sales of these new Duster petrol engines available on 4x2 versions and from mid-2019 on 4x4 versions. Order-taking will begin in the next few weeks (according to country).
Media Nav Evolution: A fluid experience and access to mobile applications
By the end of 2018, Dacia will equip its range with a new version of its Media Nav Evolution, offering easier and faster navigation and new features. Thanks to Apple Car Play and Android Auto, there are a whole range of applications that enrich the onboard experience beyond connected navigation:
- With Waze, the driver is informed in real time of traffic conditions to optimize his journey and save time by avoiding traffic, dangers, accidents and others...
- With WhatsApp, the driver can stay connected while driving and manage his messages via a voice interface.
- With Spotify, the driver can enjoy all his Spotify playlists and radios. In this way, he can access music from all over the world in his vehicle.
This new version of Media Nav will still be available for sale at the same price as the previous version.
New Very Limited Sandero Stepway Series: voting is open
At the Paris Motor Show, the Sandero Stepway will be displayed in three original designs imagined by Flora Jammes, Aurélie Abric and Pierre Lancien. It was in a competition held from 6 to 25 July that web users proposed their design theme for the “Very Limited Edition” competition launched by the Dacia brand. The three design finalists are revealed at the Motor Show and open the second part of the competition which will take place from 2 to 13 October at 6 p.m. The three designs will then be submitted to the vote of the visitors of the Dacia booth in Paris and web users on the page dedicated to the Motor Show on https://www.dacia.fr/.
The winner will thus see his creation embody the New Very Limited Series of the Sandero Stepway.
Dacia achieves a new sales record
Dacia has achieved the best first half-year sales in terms of volumes in its history. The brand confirms its 3rd place in the market of private cars sold to individuals in France. On the first semester, in France, the brand’s sales were up by 20.8%.
In Europe, the brand achieved record sales on the semester with 281,206 vehicles registered (+14.6%), and market share of 2.9% (+0.3 point). Dacia has therefore worked its way into the top 5 of private car sales in Europe.
Sandero, a real star among Dacia models, is still No. 1 for sales to individuals in Europe and the New Duster is still enjoying great success with nearly 62,900 car registrations in 6 months in Europe.