- Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio wins 'Performance Car of the Year' category in What Car? Car of the Year 2019 awards following last year's 'Sports Car' win
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifgolio wins 'Best Sports SUV for more than £60,000'
The Quadrifoglio badge once again lives up to its name, amassing two more accolades for the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio at the annual What Car? Car of the Year Awards 2019.
Judged by the expert team at What Car?, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio took home the gong for 'Performance Car of the Year', following its 'Sports Car' category win in 2018, while the Stelvio Quadrifoglio fought off stiff competition to take the crown for 'Best Sports SUV for more than £60,000'.
The Giulia Quadrifoglio came in for praise from Steve Huntingford, editor of What Car?, saying "It's often said that getting to the top is easier than staying there. So by that reckoning, the Giulia Quadrifoglio's second Car of the Year category win is arguably a greater success than its first. But it should be no surprise - after all, we're talking about a comfortable, spacious, well-equipped saloon that's more fun to drive than rivals costing tens of thousands more".
Steve Huntingford, What Car? Editor said of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio: "The hottest version of the Stelvio SUV is outrageously fast, but still feels light and responsive thanks to steering that's super-quick without making the car feel nervous. Add in great body control and four-wheel drive traction and the Quadrifoglio continually encourages you to make the most of its performance".
Both the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio are powered by a 510hp, 600Nm Bi-Turbo V6 petrol engine, which allows them to reach a top speed of 191mph and 176mph respectively, while reaching 62mph from zero in just 3.9 seconds in the Giulia and 3.8 seconds in the Stelvio.
Arnaud Leclerc, managing director FCA UK, commented: "Alfa Romeo's have always appealed to the heart with their Italian passion, flare and dynamics, but these awards show that the latest models also appeal to the head. To see the pinnacles of the new Alfa Romeo range lauded by the experts at What Car? makes these wins even more rewarding".
Torino, 23 January 2019
Most relevant Alfa Romeo Giulia Awards
- 2017 - Auto Europa - UIGA - Italy
- 2017 - Novità dell'anno - Quattroruote - Italy
- 2017 - 2017 Edition of "Compasso d'Oro ADI" - Italy
- 2018 - Best Car MFA - MissionFleetAwards - Italy
- 2016 - Volante D'oro - Most Beautiful Car - AutoBild - Germany
- 2016 - Best New Design - Auto Motor Und Sport - Germany
- 2016 - EurocarBody - Automotive Circle International - Germany
- 2017 - Best Car - AMUS - Germany
- 2017 - Design Trophy - Auto Zeitung - Germany
- 2017 - Best Imported mid size Vehicle - Auto Zeitung - Germany
- 2018 - Best Brand in middle class category - Autobild - Germany
- 2018 - Best Imported mid size Vehicle - Auto Moto Und Sport - Germany
- 2018 - Best Brand - in middle class category - Autobild - Germany
- 2016 - Car of the Year - Top Gear - UK
- 2017 - Game Changer Award - Autocar - UK
- 2017 - Performance Car of the Year - UK
- 2016 - Best Car - L'Automobile Magazine - in D sedan segment category granted by readers - France
- 2017 - Trophée Argus dans la catégorie familiales - Argus - France
- 2017 - Best mid-high Sedan 2017 - El Economista - Spain
- 2018 - Best Car Awards - Motorpress Iberica - Spain
- 2016 - Car Of The Year - Autobild - Serbia
- 2016 - Best Car sedan segment - Auto Motor i Sport - Poland
- 2017 - The most Beautiful Car 2017 - Autotriti - Greece
- 2017 - Best Mid-Sedan - ARBÖ (Automotive Association) - Austria
- 2017 - Car of the Year 2017 - Croatia
- 2017 - Car of the Year 2017 -AutoWereld - Belgium
- 2018 - Best in Performance Car' category - Car Of The Year - Ireland
- 2018 - Best Car (D segment) - Auto Illustrierte - Switzerland
- 2018 - UAE Super Saloon of the Year - EVO - UAE
Most relevant Alfa Romeo Stelvio Awards
- 2017 - Auto piu bella del Web - Infomotori - Italy
- 2018 - Novità dell'anno - Quattroruote - Italy
- 2017 - Autonis Design Brand - AMUS - Germany
- 2017 - SUV Category - Auto Motor Und Sport - Germany
- 2018 - SUV of the year - Auto Zeitung - Germany
- 2018 - Best Brand - in mid size SUV category - AutoBild - Germany
- 2018 - SUV of the year - Auto Zeitung - Quadrifoglio Version - Germany
- 2018 - Swiss favourite Car - Auto Illustrierte - Switzerland
- 2018 - Best Car in SUV segment - Auto Illustrierte - Switzerland
- 2018 - Driver's Car of the Year - Carwow - UK
- 2018 - Best high end segment business SUV - Kilomètres Entreprise - France
- 2018 - Premio Unidad Editorial - Unidad Editorial and Telva magazine - Spain
- 2017 - Best Super SUV - Wheels - UAE
- 2018 - Small Premium SUV - Arab Wheels (Q) - UAE
- 2018 - Best premium SUV - AutoBild - Bulgaria
On the local front, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio is a leading contender and Top 10 finalist competing for the coveted 2019 AutoTrader SA Car of the Year competition.